Dear friends & supporters of Tam Ky Project,
Quang Nam & the entire central region of Vietnam has been hit by severe flooding following torrential rains. They have been battered by downpours since Tuesday as a cold spell came in contact with tropical turbulence.
They expect a few other big tropical storms in the next few days. Central localities from Ha Tinh to Quang Ngai provinces should expect heavy rains of 330-400 mm a day until Sunday, according to the National Center for Hydro-Meteorological Forecasting.
There could be 11-13 storms and tropical depressions forming over the East Sea this year, half of them hitting Vietnam, meteorologists have warned.
Many of these areas are currently submerged and many residential areas have been cut off without food or water.
Our volunteers are trying to find the safest way to get food & water to some areas in Quang Nam & Hue in the next few days.
If you are interested in helping, you can donate via Venmo to @tamkyproject
Or directly to our website
Or Make check Payable to:
Tam Kỳ Project, Inc.
Tax id # 811703717
27068 La Paz Rd, Suite 204
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Thank you so much for your support
( 10/15/20) – FLOOD RELIEF EFFORT IN CENTRAL VIETNAM (Phu Loc, Hue)
Volunteers had traveled back and forth for a total of almost 10 hours road trip yesterday started at 5AM from Tam Ky to Phu Loc, Thua Thien, Hue. We were able to help 200 families who have been held up inside their houses for up to 10 days without much food due to the recent Category 5 storm that flooded their town. Most of these houses were submerged for many days. We distributed to each family 10kg of rice, 1 bottle of fish sauce, 1 bottle of cooking oil and about $9 in cash so they can purchase some additional necessities. They were so happy and thankful to receive these practical items. Total cost for these gifts were ~$3,500.
Liem Hoang & Hải Rôbe
also helped us to distribute gifts to another 30 families in Quang Dien, TT Hue. Total cost ~$450.
Thank you so much to all of our friends & donors who have donated to help with this mission. They are forecasting another big storm coming this weekend & several more in the horizon. So we will continue the relief effort early next week. We will have several more rounds of this effort and I will summarize the donation and expenses for this cause. Can’t thank you enough for your support.
( 10/19/20) Volunteers are getting ready to go to Quang Tri tomorrow. We will deliver 7 tons of rice and necessities to over 700 families there. Many roads are still not clear and a lot of planning involved to get the team there safely to help these unfortunate people. Will be 5hrs + road trip to get there and will need small boats/canoes to get to these houses.
Can’t thank you enough to our amazing volunteers & praying for their safety as well.
Two storms that hit central Vietnam in the first two weeks of October, Storm Linfa and Storm Nangka, brought six times higher than average rainfall, flooding 136,000 houses. A third cyclone is expected to hit the coast in the coming days.
Worst hit is Hue, Quang Tri & Quang Binh. Flood water continues to rise, swallowing up entire houses or burying them beneath landslides.
The situation is the worse that we’ve seen in many decades of suffering of natural disaster in this area.
( 10/20/20) Reporting live from the flood zone in Vinh Linh, Quang Tri!
volunteers (who are wearing the life jackets) have started early this morning and have been working non-stop moving food to local trucks and to these canoes as you can see in pictures & videos below. They have distributed food to over 400 families so far. Halfway there
(11/24/20 ) – FLOOD RELIEF EFFORT IN CENTRAL VIETNAM (Tra Tay, Tra Bong, Quang Ngai)
Tam Kỳ Project volunteers represented the “Trung Vuong Alumnae Association” (from So Cal, USA), to visit and distribute gifts to 300 families in Tra Tay, huyen Tra Bong, Quang Ngai. Each gift includes a big warm blanket (3kg), 10kg of rice, 1kg of dried fish, 1 liter of cooking oil, 1 liter of fish sauce, 1kg of sugar, and a raincoat. Each gift costs ~ $22, total of $6,600.
Tam Kỳ Project also donated $680 to fix the roof for a Kindergarten school in Tra Thanh, Quang Ngai. The school had lost the roof during the recent typhoon. (See the last 5 pictures below).
We also donated one ton of used & new clothes to these 300 families.
Quang Ngai was the eye of the Typhoon Molave in late of October. Thousands of houses & schools, etc had collapsed or had their roofs blown off. They do need a lot of help to rebuild.
Total cost for Part 9 Relief Effort was $7,280.
Thank you so much to Trung Vuong Alumnae Association for your generous donation of $7,025 for this cause.
- Chị Vũ Ngọc Diệp (TV 58-65) $ 100.00
- Chị Lê Minh Thu Cúc (TV 61-68) $ 100.00
- Chị Vương Đỗ Mai Phương (TV 60-67) $ 100.00
- Quỹ Tương Trợ TV 60-67 $ 200.00
- Chị Lê Thị Lộc (TV 60-67) $ 100.00
- Chị Nguyễn Thị Khương (TV 60-67) $ 100.00
- Chị Nguyễn Thị Phương (TV 60-67) $ 100.00
- Chị Nguyễn Thị Phúc (TV 60-67) $ 100.00
- Chị Lê Diễm (TV 60-67) $ 50.00
- Chị Lê Minh Thu Cúc (đại diện cho TV 61-68) $ 300.00
- Chị Tạ Bích Hà (TV 60-67) $ 100.00
- Chị Vũ Thị Bình (TV 60-67) $ 100.00
- Chị Vũ Mai Khanh (TV 64-71) $ 100.00
- Chị Nguyễn Khánh Linh (TV 64-71) $ 100.00
- Chị Trần Tuyết Trinh (TV 68-74) $ 25.00
- Chị Nguyễn Võ Thị Thơ (TV 68-74) $ 100.00
- Chị Vũ Thị Khiêm (TV 60-67) $ 100.00
- Chị Trần Thu Hương (TV 60-67) $ 50.00
- Chị Nguyễn Thị Văn (TV 60-67) $ 50.00
- Chị Trần Thị Vân Anh (TV 58-65) $ 100.00
- Chị Phạm Kim Lệ (TV 59-66) $ 100.00
- Chị Nguyễn Hồng Tước (TV 58-65) $ 100.00
- Chị Lê Minh Phú (TV 58-65) $ 100.00
- Chị Nguyễn Thuý Hoà (TV 60-67) $ 100.00
- Chị Lê Tuyết Anh (TV 65-72) $ 100.00
- Chị Lý Nguyễn Thu Vân (TV 64-71) $ 100.00
- Chị Trần Kim Thoa (TV 64-71) $ 200.00
- Chị Phạm Thị Hà (TV 60-67) $ 50.00
- Chị Lê Thị Huệ (TV 64-71) $ 100.00
- Chị Lê Minh Hà (TV 60-67) $ 100.00
- Chị Phạm Ngọc Dung (TV 55-62) $ 100.00
- Chị Nguyễn Thị Nhung (TV 60-67) $ 100.00
- Chị Trần Ánh Vân (TV 60-67) $ 50.00
- Chị Mai Thùy Trang (TV 75-82) $ 100.00
- Chị Nguyễn Thúy San (TV 60-67) $ 100.00
- Chị Trần Thị Hường (TV 60-67) $ 100.00
- Chị Trần Diễm Khanh (TV 68-75) $ 100.00
- Chị Phạm Ngọc Dung (TV 60-67) $ 100.00
- Chị Nghiêm Thị Hiếu (TV 55-62) $ 100.00
- Chị Dương Vân Thu (TV 53-60) $ 100.00
- Chị Tạ Minh Viên (TV 59-66) $ 100.00
- Chị Vũ Thị Ngọc Diệp (TV 67-74) $ 50.00
- Chị Nguyễn Vân Khánh (TV 60-67) $ 100.00
- GS TV Nguyễn Thị Đức $ 100.00
- GS TV Nguyễn Kim Dung $ 100.00
- Chị Lê Tuyết Mai (TV 58-59) $ 100.00
- Chị Nguyễn Kỳ Dung (TV 56-63) $ 100.00
- Chị Đặng Mỹ Ngọc (TV 56-63) $ 100.00
- Chị Lê Ánh Thu (TV 56-63) $ 100.00
- Chị Hoàng Thiên Nga (TV 56-63) $ 100.00
- Chị Nguyễn Quỳnh Vân (TV 56-63) $ 100.00
- Chị Nguyễn Thanh Hà (TV) $ 100.00
- Chị Lê Chang (TV 64-71) $ 50.00
- Chị Bạch Mai Nguyễn (TV 59-66) $ 300.00
- Chị Mai Khanh Lê Ngọc Phú (TV) $ 100.00
- Chị Vũ Kim Chi (TV 64-71) $ 100.00
- Chị Nguyễn Kỳ Hạnh (TV 55-62) $ 50.00
- Chị Trần Minh Hà (TV 58-65) $ 100.00
- Chị Lê Bích Thu (TV 57-63) $ 100.00
- Chị Nguyễn Thị Nguyệt (TV 59-66) $ 50.00
- Chị Nguyễn Phương Kim (TV54-61) $ 100.00
- Chị Huỳnh Hoàng Ánh (TV 64-71) $ 100.00
- Chị Vũ Bội Tú (TV) $ 100.00
- Chị Nguyễn Tuyết Trinh (TV 54-61) $ 100.00
- Chị Đồng thị Như Ý (TV 56-63) $ 100.00
- Chị Hoàng Lan Hoa (TV 66-73) $ 50.00
- Chị Vũ Bích Thủy (TV) $ 100.00
- Chị Đỗ Kim Toàn (TV) $ 100.00
- Chị Phạm Vân Bằng (TV 58-55) $ 100.00
- Anh Nguyễn Kim Chân (Thân Hữu-Lê Chang) $ 100.00