1. In light of Vietnamese New Year in Feb of 2017, we provided for about 300 families who live in poverty with presents including rice, cooking oil, a box of instant noodle, fish sauce and seasoning powder and a red envelope We also gave presents to 22 seniors and many poor patients at local hospital as we reported on our page (Total project costs about $5,000).
2. We’ve raised $6,000 to build two (2) small Elementary schools in the highlands of Nam Tra My, Quang Nam and $3,000 to build another Elementary school in Quang Binh, VN. (Total of $9,000 for these three schools).
3. We helped to build a 36 meter long cement road for the entrance to an Elementary school in the highland of Nam Tra My. In the winter , the road is very wet, muddy & slippery and it is not safe for kids/parents or teachers to walk to school on this road so now the kids can walk safely to school. (Total project costs $660).
4. On a regular basis, we visit and cook a hot meal for local orphanages, senior center, and mental institution. Total costs for these events were about $5,000 for this year
5. We sponsored 20 kids from a school in the highlands and took them on a road trip to show them the city and the beach for the very first time in their life. They all enjoyed it so much and were so very grateful. We hope to do another one this year as a reward for kids that have good behaviors and good academic records. (This project costs $1,100).
6. .Took a group of orphans out for a day to eat, shop and be entertained at the local amusement so they can be like normal kids even just for a day ($300 per event).
7. Built a mobile English library for the poor students in Tam Thang ($470).
8. Sponsored 10 orphans for $30 per month/per kid, so they can buy clothes, school supplies and necessities so that they can continue going to school. They would not be able to go to school if they didn’t have our sponsorship ($2,700 for the 9 months of 2017).
9. We’ve raised $13,700 to help with the Storm Relief Effort in Quang Nam including rebuilding 7 homes for the families who live below poverty line and built one room at a new school for the kids to stay overnight during the week due to the distance from home (several walking hours).
10. We’ve raised $8,810 to help with the Storm Relief Effort in Hoa Binh, North Viet Nam and fed almost 1000 families who had been starved during the brutal storm that killed hundreds people and live stocks and destroyed hundreds of homes as well. It was a very devastating storm.Thank you the team from Trai Tim Quang Duc for the joint effort and leading this mission.
11. Visit and provide nutrition milk to cancer patients at local hospital on a monthly basis. Thank you to a friend and his family for sponsoring this special program in the past few years.
12. Replaced another wood burning stove with gas stove for a school in Tra Nam for over 200 kids who live there from Monday thru Friday. (Total project $1,625).
We also help (on a regular basis) many lone cases involving sudden accidents/deaths, sickness, people in trauma center and can’t afford to have surgeries, etc. We’ve saved many lives for helping these people in time. We also help the elderly or disabled people who live alone and have no family to help , orphans/kids with special circumstances, and many more. We have a dedicated team that would go direct to these people’s houses and investigate to make sure these cases are for real before we come up with a plan to help them.
Tam Ky Project in California has also done many local projects here this year as you can see on our Page. We baked for the families who has kids going through cancer treatments, we adopted 1 family and fulfill their wish list for Christmas. We volunteered at local food bank and helped harvesting crops to provide to the needy families in OC.
We’ve raised over $70,000 in America & over $30,000 in Viet Nam in 2017. We had done so many wonderful projects as listed on our page.
Last but not least, a big thank you to all the hard working volunteers in Tam Ky who has donated their time and labor to all of our projects. Everyone has families and jobs but they make time to do these projects on their free time without being paid.
We really can’t do all these wonderful projects without them. I am truly blessed to be able to work with such a great team! Thank you!